Preaching to the Converted?
Q: What part of Kingsholm was removed to St. Mark’s Church, Gloucester, and when?
A: Extract from the Minutes of Committee Meeting 27 Nov 1951 reads:
“St. Marks’ Church. Mr. A’Bear asked if permission could be given to St. Mark’s Church to purchase one of the old goal posts unfit for future use as goal posts to replace the flag pole belonging to the Church. It was agreed to present the post to the Church if one available.”
and, in the meeting that followed, on 18 Dec, no doubt with Christmas goodwill abounding…
“St. Mark’s Church. Reported a suitable pole found and presented.”