Members of the Players Association completed the G.R. President’s sponsored charity walk from Sharpness to Gloucester.on Friday 3 May 2019. Proceeds from sponsors will be shared equally between Kidney Research and Breast Cancer.
The photograph at the top of the page shows former players who took part.
From left to right; Fred Reed (GR President) Chris Stephenson, Wilf Nicholls, John Gribble, Ron Etheridge, Dave Watling (at back), Paul Williams, Pete Wickenden, Russ Ellis, David Crabbe, Mike Curran, Bob Clewes ( at back) and John Dix.
Fred Reed’s report:
2019 Walk Report – Fred Reed GR President
Well what a great event with around 70 walkers making the 18.5 miles from the Dockers Club Sharpness to the Farmers Club.
There were a few blisters but in the end all the walkers were OK and finished in a good time, although a few making a pit stop at the Pilot Inn for a beer.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the walkers also the businesses that supported the walk.
- Penny at the Sharpness Dockers Club starting us off with Bacon rolls, coffee & tea.
- Tom the manager at Aldi Hucclecote for supplying the water bottles
- Gavin at Bennetts coaches for supplying the transport for the second year
- GR- Community for the use of their Mini Bus and Dave Balmer for driving
- The Canal Trust at Saul Junction for their refreshment half-way,
- Keith Jones and his team (Paul & Mike) in the Canal Trust support boat, along with Ken Savory Medic.
- Terry & Sue at the Farmers Club for their Sausage & Chips when we finished enjoyed by all.
- Sharon Shuttleworth for setting the donation site up
The donation site will be open for donation for a few more weeks and lets hope we can get near to our target.
Thanks again to all concerned